Shoulder Pain Treatment at Binder Chiropractic
When the amazing flexibility of that ball-and-socket joint in your shoulder suddenly loses its pain-free range of motion due to an injury or chronic disorder, you suddenly realize just how much you depended on it for everyday tasks. If you can't work, play sports, pursue hobbies, or get a decent night's sleep due to shoulder pain, rest assured that you have better options than drugs or surgery for getting your quality of life back. Here at Binder Chiropractic in Statesville NC, we can provide safe, non-invasive shoulder pain treatment through a variety of methods and techniques.
The Many Ways Your Shoulder Can Hurt You
The shoulder joint relies on the interaction of multiple components, not just its ball-and-socket bone structure, for its ability to move and rotate freely. The set of muscles that actually move the shoulder, an arrangement known as the rotator cuff, are connected to the bones through tendons, with sacs called bursae keeping the structures from rubbing together. Inside the joint, cartilage prevents friction between the bones. Any of these components can be the source of shoulder pain. Common examples of painful shoulder condition include:
- Muscle strain and tendinitis - The tissues of the rotator cuff can become inflamed or even torn, making even the smallest motion painful. Strain injuries may occur all at once, or they may be the cumulative result of repetitive motion.
- Adhesive capsulitis - This condition, also known as frozen shoulder, is a stiffening of shoulder tissues that have spent a long time immobilized.
- Bursitis - Tendons rubbing against bursae can eventually cause the bursae to become painfully inflamed.
- Arthritis - Deteriorating cartilage in the shoulder joint can cause pain and stiffness.
- Dislocation - A serious impact in an auto, sports, or workplace accident can sometimes force the shoulder partially or completely out of joint.
- Referred pain - A pinched spinal nerve can sometimes refer pain to the shoulder.
Non-Surgical Pain Relief From Our Chiropractor
Our chiropractor, Dr. Binder, makes use of digital X-rays and other diagnostic techniques to discover exactly what's going wrong in your shoulder (or elsewhere). Based on this information, you'll receive a holistic treatment and pain relief plan customized for your specific problem. You may need chiropractic adjustments to fix a dislocated shoulder, spinal decompression to relieve spinal nerve impingement, or laser therapy and physiotherapy to ease soft tissue pain and increase flexibility.
Sore Shoulder? Call Our Statesville NC Clinic
If your shoulder is making your life miserable, put things right by getting the all-natural pain relief you need at Binder Chiropractic. Called our Statesville NC clinic today at (704) 873-2831 to arrange for treatment!