Binder Chiropractic in Statesville, NC Can Alleviate Your Lower Back Pain Using Natural Services
Dr. Steven Binder has been a chiropractor in Statesville, NC and surrounding areas for nearly 40 years. He's successfully treated thousands of people over the years struggling with lower back pain. Natural and drug-free healing is possible with the help of customized chiropractic care.
Common Causes of Lower Back Pain
Low back pain is common among people who sit a lot in their job or, conversely, perform a lot of physical labor including tasks which involve bending, lifting, and twisting with the spine. Back pain is also common among people who play sports, are involved in car accidents, have personal injuries such as slips and falls, and have exposure to other risk factors including smoking, obesity, and family history.
Diagnoses we see frequently at our Statesville chiropractic office include:
- Joint subluxation: if a spinal joint misaligns, this can trigger pain receptors around the joint and cause reflexive muscle guarding spasms, and stiffness
- Soft tissue injury: a muscle strain or a ligament sprain can occur as a result of repetitive damage or acute traumatic joint stress
- Disc herniation: outer fibers of a disc rupture and inner disc material leaks out
- Disc bulge: the disc abnormally protrudes out between two vertebral bones
- Degenerative disc disease: gradual thinning and inflammation of discs (often associated with osteoarthritis and bone spurs)
- Sciatica: compression of a sciatic nerve root in the lower back
Typical Symptoms Associated with Lower Back Pain
Common complaints associated with lower back pain include stiffness, leg muscle tightness (especially hip flexors and hamstrings), sore, dull, and achy pain, and (if a nerve in the low back is compressed) sharp, burning, searing, and shooting pain, as well as numbness, tingling, and weakness, in the buttocks and leg.
How Our Statesville Chiropractors Diagnose and Treat Lower back Pain
Come to Binder Chiropractic if you have back pain! Our Statesville chiropractors can help in several ways. For example:
- They can use digital x-rays, postural screens, and other tools to analyze your posture, muscle/length balance, and body mechanics to help you see how your daily habits affect your spine.
- They can perform chiropractic adjustments to trigger pain relief, spasm reduction, and improved postural alignment.
- They can teach exercises that stabilize the core and re-establish normal flexibility and strength of the muscles in your hips and legs.
Click here to learn more about all our services!