Our Statesville Chiropractor is Offering Non-Invasive Spinal Decompression
At Binder Chiropractic, our team is here to connect you with a Statesville chiropractor offering a host of non-invasive pain management strategies applicable to a wide variety of conditions and patient populations. Spinal decompression is one such service; we've been using it to help people find relief from headaches, lower back pain, and more.
How Spinal Decompression Works
The word "decompress" probably brings to mind things like "release" and "pressure relief," and that's indeed some of the main effects of spinal decompression therapy. During a session, Statesville chiropractor Dr. Binder will use his hands and a specialized table to apply a gentle and intermittent traction force on the spine—virtually pulling on either end of your trunk.
So, how does this gentle traction force on the spine affect your health in a positive way? There are a few key mechanisms:
- The traction force mimics a vacuum—targeted "negative" pressure which "pulls" intracellular fluids, molecules, and other healing mediators toward injured and inflamed intervertebral discs and other structures. This helps facilitate the healing process and can relieve pain.
- Decompression can decrease pressure on impinged nerve roots, thereby reducing or "centralizing" symptoms like limb pain, numbness, tingling, and muscle weakness ("centralizing" means causing symptoms in the limbs to move "up" closer to the spine—a good prognostic indicator for recovery).
- Spinal decompression therapy also helps direct spinal discs back into their normal resting alignment between the vertebral bones, further normalizing joint space and guiding disc healing.
Back Pain, Neck Pain, and Other Conditions Which Benefit from Spinal Decompression
Many conditions affecting our patients can benefit from spinal decompression therapy (in addition to our other drug-free and non-invasive services), including:
- Back pain
- Neck pain
- Headaches (many of which are caused by tension in the posture and spinal system)
- Disc herniations and disc bulges
- Whiplash syndrome
To prepare for your session, we recommend that you wear sturdy shoes and comfortable loose-fitting clothing. We also advise our patients to drink plenty of water before and after their session to aid with the healing and restorative process. Our doctor of chiropractic will answer all your questions, perform a thorough physical examination and patient history, and take the time to get to know you—all the better for your individualized care!
Are You Curious about Spinal Decompression? Contact the Team at Binder Chiropractic
Whether you're struggling with recurring headache pain, back pain, neck pain, or something else entirely, contact our friendly front office staff to schedule an initial appointment. Call (704) 873-2831 now to meet with our experienced Statesville chiropractor.